The Maersk Group, a worldwide conglomerate operating in some 130 countries with a workforce of over 89,000 employees owning one of the world’s largest shipping companies and involved in a wide range of activities in the shipping, logistics, and the oil and gas industries, has the following vacancies:
Senior People Partner, Nigeria
- Maersk is currently looking to hire a seasoned HR Professional to join our team as Senior People Partner in Lagos.
- At Maersk we have a vision that’s larger than the ocean: to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain through global end-to-end solutions. We count on our people to make it happen.
- That is why we are building a new global HR service enabled by new technology: to make sure we deliver great experience to our people, so they can deliver great experience to our customers.
- The HR organisation of the Future will work across brands, geographies, and cultures to support one global Maersk. By joining our regional team for Europe and Africa early on, you have a unique opportunity to influence the vision and delivery of the People Partnering Organisation (PPO).
- As we progress on our journey towards establishing a brand-agnostic people partnering model, you will play a key role.
- Initially you will be deeply involved in the preparation leading up to go-live and work on embedding the new ways of working, new HR processes and technology (Workday and ServiceNow), supporting leaders through the transition.
During 2022 your role will continue to evolve and your scope will change from implementation to steady state people partnering to include the below areas of responsibility:
- Partner with the HRBPs on the implementation of the People Strategy.
- To deliver on our service delivery model by working closely with HR professionals and specialists within our People Advisory, Centres of Excellence functions and Global Mobility teams.
- Build strong relationships with leaders and their teams and be their main point of contact and sparring partner on all people matters.
- Act as key change driver towards senior management as well as primary point of contact for both internal and external senior stakeholders.
- Assume role of informal team lead among People Partners within the same geography as well as primary point of escalation, and play an active role in setting People Partnering agenda within same.
- Drive the local delivery of the annual HR Cycle, including annual performance management, compensation, succession planning and development.
- Resolve employee relations issues, support and advise leaders on HR-related matters & policies.
- Stay up to date with local employment law landscape to ensure local compliance.
- Act as talent broker encouraging the transfer of individuals from one part of the organisation to another to obtain specific developmental experience.
- Work effectively with the entire regional PPO team on day-to-day delivery of people processes as well as to resolve complex cases.
- Draw people insights from available real-time reports to identify and address opportunities for improvement with leaders and local management.
- Deliver trainings and workshops for local leadership teams and various employee populations on different HR topics.
- Participate in on-site recruitment where needed and coordinate and perform employee activities required on site, i.e. onboarding, training sessions.
We Are Looking For
To succeed in this role, you should genuinely be a people’s person and thrive in an environment where no two days are alike. As for the skillset and experience, we are looking for:
- Solid experience (5 – 8 years) as an HR generalist and deep understanding of HR fundamentals, including recruitment, people performance management, employee engagement, compensation, development, employee relations.
- Demonstrated passion for business through partnering with and supporting leaders to deliver on business results.
- Advanced knowledge of local labor law; experience from working in unionized environments would be beneficial.
- Experience in developing, safeguarding and interpreting HR policies and processes.
- Acting as a trust advisor on a wide range of HR related matters.
- Experience from large international organisations and the ability to build relationships and navigate a complex stakeholder matrix.
- Good change management, facilitation and coaching skills.
- Ability to take ownership and act autonomously, while also adopting a collaborative working style, fostering cooperation and teamwork to find solutions.
- Flexibility and adaptability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Resilience: the change process, is anything but straightforward; accepting uncertainty and demonstrating the ability to overcome challenges and deliver outcomes.
- Be self-driven, energetic, and have a ‘can-do’ mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- The People Partner role is characterised by variety and you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the business in your designated geography.
- You will work in a dynamic environment, drawing on your broad HR toolbox to coach and support leaders through a time of great business transformation.
- Your daily job will be to engage with different stakeholders and use your wide breadth of HR knowledge to support leaders on a range of people matters and policies.
- The role is based in Lagos, Nigeria. The People Partnering hub is a truly international HR support centre where you will work alongside, learn from and build lasting relationships with colleagues from all over the world.
- Joining Maersk, you will become part of the global family of the company that moves 20% of global trade everyday all the way, where one of our core values is Our Employees. It goes without saying that we value diversity: we thrive on the diversity of our talent in all its forms and we see it as a strength in building high-performance teams across brands, cultures and locations.
Country Customer Experience Manager
- We are looking for a highly engaged and inspirational leader for Maersk Nigeria to deliver customer outcomes through an efficient & effective country CX organization.
- The role ensures the achievement of digitization, while setting the roadmaps for transformation and setting strategic vendor relationships.
- We need a leader who can passionately drive the team’s commitment to customer satisfaction. Are you the one we are looking for?
- Intensify the digitization footprint of customer experience in Nigeria
- Provide leadership for country CX drives on proactive customer support and issue resolution
- Set and maintain strategic vendor relationships
- Mobilize stakeholders, including vendors and across functions, to take necessary actions improve CX according to strategy
- Lead physical product delivery, incl. issue resolution towards the customer
- Develop network for unique intermodal set ups via rail heads or supplier collaboration, JVs etc. in the country
- Develop and sustain a capable CX organization through coaching and development
- Build team with strong knowledge of local products and services and with mixed competencies (functional and commercial), who can timely and cost efficiently deliver on all products
- Ensure country CX teams are trained in accordance with global standards, and individual customer service approaches
- Lead a highly engaged team committed to customer satisfaction
- Amplify performance tracking through tools, applications and recommended processes within the team
- Enable a strong talent bench and coaching for direct reports and CX team
- Manage performance and ensure targets are met
- Ensure country CX teams contributes with revenue assurance/cost efficiency/growth within its area of influence.
- Ensure we maintain an efficient team across country and GSC.
- Legal compliance related to Customs regulations
We Are Looking For
- Minimum 8-10 years experience in Customer service/experience or commercial leadership role
- Improving customer experience while keeping delivery and support activities cost efficient
- Sound knowledge of logistics operations and systems
- A deep understanding of logistics operations and infrastructure, competition and systems
- Strong execution. Proven track record in developing and executing multiple business objectives simultaneously
- An agile stakeholder manager and connector
- Strong influencing skills with a collaborative work-style, fostering cooperation and teamwork (inside own team and within the broader organisation)
- Self-driven, results-oriented with proven track record in sales and leadership
- Strong passion for Maersk Line and the success of our customers.
- Strong networking skills
- Inspirational and ambitious leader with high energy. Ability to lead and coach teams in an engaging and motivating environment
- Ability to positively influence colleagues outside direct report scope
- Positive and dynamic personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent communication skills in English
- A chance to work with industry’s most reputed organization in a high visibility leadership role.
- At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs.
- We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
Method of Application
Use the links below to apply on the company website.