The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Nigeria, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Senior Admin/Finance Assistant
Job ID: #2054314
Vacancy Number: 2017/VA/010a
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Nigeria wishes to engage the services of a Senior Admin/Finance Assistant in its Abuja Office on a Fixed-term basis.
- Under the supervision of the overall supervision of Senior Admin/Finance Officer and direct supervision of the Assistant Admin./Finance Officer, the incumbent shall liaise with local suppliers, banks and/or financial institutions on routine subject matters, keep frequent contacts with staff at various levels in the office and occasionally with staff at the same level in other duty stations and/or Headquarters and will both learn from colleagues and contribute to their work by carrying out the following tasks:
- Processes entitlements, drafts contracts and maintains various personnel records and files;
- Assists in the recruitment of GS staff by evaluating candidate applications and conducting preliminary interviews;
- Assists in surveys on local cost of living, local salaries, housing rental and collecting the information on the above-mentioned; Processing requests for visas, identity cards, driving licences and other personnel-related documents; Prepare travel authorization and assist in the submission of travel claims;
- Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data;
- Assists in preparing admin. budget submission for entire year; maintains liaison with officials of local bank to obtain day-to-day information in exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Attends meetings on day-to-day on admin. matters; administers the movement of local staff members, their attendance, leave plan, overtime, etc. Assists in the preparation of inventory records of non-expendable equipment for submission to Hqs and takes care of stationary order;
- Maintains financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports;
- Assists in preparing financial vouchers and monthly accounts;
- Perform other duties as required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of Secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
- In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.
- Minimum 5 years of job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office and People Soft applications).
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Knowledge in UNHCR Admin and financial rules, procedures and processes;
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP (Peoplesoft);
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
- There is no need to send other certificates along with the application and P.11 at this stage
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application/letter of motivation, resume and fully completed UN Personal History Form (P11)and send via email ONLY to: email@example.com quoting in the subject line the above vacancy notice number and title of the position.
Click Here to Download UN Personal History Form (P11)
Application Deadline: 14th June, 2017.