BARIEL Medical Center (BMC) is a newly established modern acute-care hospital located in the Port Harcourt, Rivers State. BMC provides General Medical and Surgical healthcare services (Outpatient and Inpatient) with , Consultations and specialized services for the whole family (Adults and Pediatric).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Medical Laboratory Scientist will be responsible for performing full scope of laboratory tests (hematology, chemistry, bacteriology, and microbiological analysis) needed to assist medical doctors in diagnosing, treating, and preventing diseases while maintaining patient wellness.
- Perform tasks, duties and/or complex tests in all areas of medical laboratory science in compliance with established laboratory protocols and procedures.
- Process specimens utilizing protocols and technical knowledge.
- Calibrate, standardize and maintain instruments using standard protocols and procedures.
- Perform quality control and preventive maintenance to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents and procedures.
- Validates and reports results of tests performed.
- Researches and develops new procedures as may be required.
- Possess a Degree in Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS)
- Be registered with MLSCN and 1-2 years post-NYSC work experience in an acute-care hospital.
- Be competent in written and spoken English language.
- Possess current practicing license.
- Have team leadership and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Residence in proximity to BMC facility is required.
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their hand-written Application Letter, CV, along with photocopy of certificates & licenses to: email@example.com using ” Med Lab Scientist” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only candidates that meet above qualifications and comply with stated application requirements will get a reply.