PIND is seeking a competent and qualified gender and social inclusion expert to update her current gender policy to include component of social inclusion and to further strengthen the capacity of PIND teams in mainstreaming GESI in their various projects. A key objective of this task is to update PIND’s Gender Mainstreaming Policy and Strategy in line with global best practice in bringing other vulnerable segments of the population to a common fold for improved attention to their issues and their contributions to sustainable development. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- To update PIND gender policy to include social inclusion strategies and approaches in line with global best practice.
- To increase PIND’s internal capacity to use GESI Mainstreaming (GESI) tools and templates in tracking progress and results.
- To increase PIND Staff knowledge on GESI concepts and further engrain GESI culture and practices within PIND.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Review PIND’s current gender policy and update it to a GESI policy.
- Desk review of related PIND reports and documents for context and understanding – PSR Report, Strategic Plan etc.
- Read PIND’s annual and quarterly reports and other PIND’s reports to determine extent to which GESI issues and results are being tracked and reported.
- Review teams gender matrix and have discussions with team on global best practices.
- Design modules and hold work sessions with the various PIND teams in the three offices to familiarize them with various GESI toolkits for tracking GESI results.
- Deliver training on effective GESI mainstreaming for PIND staff across the three offices.
- Work with programs and project teams to review their Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) and other social inclusion indicators in relation with their impact indicators.
- Produce updated policy.
- Draft action plan for the implementation of the updated policy.
- Make presentation of the updated policy to PIND’s management and staff at the end of the tasks.
Interested candidates are expected to meet the following criteria::
An Advance degree in International Development, Gender and Social Inclusion Studies, Sociology, Political Science, Economics, Public Administration or any other related discipline. Minimum of 10 years of national/international professional experience in the Gender Mainstreaming, program/project development and implementation experience is desirable. Experience in implementing, facilitating, and developing Gender and Social Inclusion policy and strategy is desirable. Excellent writing, research, analysis, communications and presentation skills is essential. Experience in conducting Gender and Social Inclusion Mainstreaming training. Ability to work in an independent manner and organize the workflow efficiently within limited time period is essential.
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible individuals are invited to submit a detailed technical proposal which should include evidence of carrying out previous similar activity (add website references or contact references as maybe necessary), an outline of proposed approach for delivering on the objectives and a suitability statement on why you are the best candidate for the assignment, and a cost proposal AS SEPARATE DOCUMENTS which should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following mandatory item/supporting documents listed in ToR attached.
All complete applications should be submitted on or before October 18, 2021.