Idmibok International is a 360 systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervening in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities – such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems,globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- The Finance Officer will support the delivery of all financial management functions including but not limited to petty cash management, time sheets recording, monthly payroll processing, and the monitoring of financial activities and requirements.
- S/he will check all expense supporting documentation to ensure compliance with the organization’s policies and related law, prior to obtaining approvals and payment processing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate recording at the state level by the State Finance officer of all transactions made by cash or bank; monitor timely receipt and expenditure returns from programs team and ensure correct data entry and reconciliation in the cash book; ensure that work advances are accounted for in line with 360HSDC and donors’ financial guidelines.
- Manages daily state operations focusing on an accounting system that is in line with 360HSDC and donor’s requirements; maintain cash and bank transactions; ensure the use of proper and correct budget code/ budget lines; monitor cash payment and ensure that the records or entries are up to date in the cash books; pay attention to the fluctuating exchange rate used for any transactions paid in dollars USD.
- Ensure the State Finance Officer complies with Finance and Procurement guidelines when dealing with any transactions; provide initiative to review current guidelines and propose relevant recommendations.
- Check the justification of operational advances during review before clearing them for payment and follow up with state Finance officer to ensure it is retired within a reasonable time.
- Check and control the elements of accounting packages, including the consistency between cash book entries, physical counting, and balances.
- Proceed to the monthly closure of accounting: physical counting, editing of accounting documents (cover sheets), verification of supporting documents.
- Stamp monthly invoices with the donor stamp and/or the stamp “paid”.
- Review schedules that originate from field officers and ensure they are error-free and void of any irregularities.
- Follow-up with state offices to ensure timely submission of monthly budgets to HQ.
- Ensure proper financial documentation in the State office; prepare well and send documentation to HQ in a timely manner; follow the financial checklist which will be developed.
- Regularly track the expenditure for the assigned state and advise the programs and support teams; accordingly, monitor availability of funds along all budget lines and advise before approval by the State Programs Director (SPD).
Management of Financial Assets and Liabilities of the State:
- Record all assets and liabilities in the cash book on a weekly/monthly basis and follow properly their settlement.
- Ensure that all payments of suppliers are cleared on time
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of all assets/liabilities in the assigned state.
Management of the Archiving of Finance Records from the State:
- Ensure monthly filing of finance records.
- Update monthly filing report and share it with the Director of Finance and Operations.
Tax Deduction and Remittance on Time:
- Ensure that the withholding taxes are well calculated, recorded in the cash book, and paid monthly.
- Follow up on the staff statutory and taxes payment on a monthly basis and ensure that all receipts are collected and archived.
- Collect the tax clearance certificate or credit notes when the payment is done.
- Ensure the State Finance Officers maintain a good relationship with the tax offices
- With support from the Director of Finance and Operations, take the role of info-sharing with staff in relation to HR matters (WHT & PENSION).
Other Kinds of Support Required for this Position:
- Other duties as assigned. Participate in audits preparation/execution (compilation of audit requirements)
- Provide feedback and enhance internal controls to satisfy audit requirements; take part in providing data and records during the audit process; reports immediately on irregular spending to the Director of Finance and Operations as deemed appropriate.
- Identify the technical problems encountered at the State to be addressed by the management.
- Provide technical support to the program teams for project states and the HQ;
- Take part in regular staff meetings with respect to the report of the weekly task in line with performance management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics or other related fields with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics or other related fields with a minimum of 3 years experience in the field of Finance / Accounting / Bookkeeping in an NGO or the commercial sector.
- Recognized accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and relevant post qualification experience.
- 2 years of proven knowledge and experience of grant accounting and sound experience with donors funding regulations, procedures, and reporting requirements.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Excel (experience in working with formulas)
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, proactive, and able to accomplish set deadlines.
- Willing to meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- Autonomous and ready to take initiative to improve within her/his areas of responsibility
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Good communication skills and teamwork spirit.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location (Finance Officer – Abuja) as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 15th September, 2021.