DataLab is a product-led ICT company that builds capacity in data science and analytics and solves business problems using state-of-the-art analytics solutions that ensure real-time data-driven decisions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for Data Scientist to lead instruction in our Data School. Our Data Science program is one of the best in Nigeria, we train students with state-of-the-art resources obtainable in the field of Data Science.
- Our students leave with the skills and mindset to take on new careers in a wide variety of Data Science roles in Nigeria and other countries.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and implement a 12-week curriculum in conjunction with baseline materials and your instructional team.
- Deliver instruction 5 days a week, including teaching, advising, and content development.
- Work closely with your instructional team to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Guide students through the development of real world projects that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning complex subjects.
- Contribute to the material and direction of an expanding curriculum, ensuring the course remains cutting-edge and effective for students.
Skills and Qualifications
- You have at least 2 years of data science experience.
- You are very good in SQL, Python and R
- You have a Masters Degree in Statistics, Mathematical Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Public Health or Finance.
- You can do end to end machine learning project using python and R.
- You can build Python or R machine learning web application using Shiny, Flask, Streamlit or Dash etc.
- You can clearly demonstrate and explain the working of machine learning algorithms such as regression, naive bayes, decision trees, ensemble methods, KNN, K-means clustering and neural networks.
- You have done a project in deep learning using ANN, LSTM or CNN etc.
- You are the person that normally conduct tutorials for your peers or naturally love solving problem for others.
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of data scientists.
- You have previous data science teaching experience, through a course, workshop, team training, etc.
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online